I love New York, there is something quite special about this city that grabs you when you visit it for the first time. I say this 'is the first time' simply because my memories of it as an awkward twelve year old are patchy in places. The only images that stayed with me were the buildings and their enormity, how very small I felt among them as well as a brief drive through Brooklyn which left me a little stirred - this was pre-Giuliani! However on returning there last month NY marked a very clear place in my heart. I just know I shall have to return soon! It is a photographers dream, every logical grid-like crossroad, every Dutch-inspired piece of architecture, every diner laced with the babble of fast-paced talk, maple syrup and caffeine addiction! I love this city and all it represents! Over the coming year I shall be throwing myself into my photography with far more fervour than before! This is because for the first time in a while I shall have more time on my hands and one less wedding to organise! My hopes are to start up a Family/Pet photography business which may branch out into other areas after time! I shall be shortly investing in a new lens for my DSLR and signing up to a new photography course, but in the meantime I shall be taking every opportunity to practice on various subjects (poor friends!)and sharing these photos with you! For now I have selected some of my favourite snap shots of New York from last month - oh you concrete jungle where dreams are made of.......























No comments:
Post a Comment