We had a spur of the moment decision to escape to Wales this weekend to see our parents (my in-laws). As usual I felt incredibly mellow as soon as I arrived, which must have been all that glorious fresh air, it's almost like an anesthetic for the soul! As you well know I have been expecting my new camera and by the grace of above it arrived just in the nick of time. I am honestly too much in love with my Nikon D90, so much so that JP says he is feeling a little neglected! What he doesn't understand is that we need time to get acquainted, once this has been achieved I'm sure I will be able to put her down for at least one second and pay my husband more attention ;-) .....I love Wales, it is so beautifully green and everything feels alive. I don't even care when it rains, it makes the landscape feel more gothic! I ate and drank aplenty, slept for far too long and slipped into my mud encrusted wellies to embark on a long walk with Ruey's sweetheart of a black lab Archie, where I met some rather gorgeous furry friends along the way....I also encountered some regal owls in Abergavenny! I know what you're thinking - I can't keep away from birds, but honestly this was a purely chance encounter I swear!!! Here are some of my memories........
Lovely photos! Makes me want to go back to Wales! I spent one month in Aberystwyth and loved it, so lush. You and your new camera seem to be getting along quite well :) -Abby
It all looks very idyllic, especially the first photo of the white house and of course the beautiful green landscapes. Horses tend to make very good subjects to photograph and you've captured them at interesting angles as well as compositionally :)
Lovely photos! Makes me want to go back to Wales! I spent one month in Aberystwyth and loved it, so lush. You and your new camera seem to be getting along quite well :)
ReplyDelete-Abby
Thank you honey! We are getting acquainted that is true - have been doing some photoshop training tonight...diligent as ever! xx
ReplyDeleteI've never been to Wales, but it looks breathtaking. It looks like you guys had a great time!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Great job on your blog background. It looks fantastic!
Thanks Nicky for your help, had a lot of fun choosing the background and overall tone of my blog!
ReplyDeleteIt all looks very idyllic, especially the first photo of the white house and of course the beautiful green landscapes. Horses tend to make very good subjects to photograph and you've captured them at interesting angles as well as compositionally :)
ReplyDeletethank you sweetie such kind words!
ReplyDelete