
b)

c)

d)

e)

f)

g)

h)

i)

j)

k)

l)

m)

n)

a) Antiguan rag doll - bought at a whimsical moment at the airport on the way home! I used to collect dolls and I felt compelled to bring this little beauty home from Antigua! It makes me think of the sun, sand and our glorious honeymoon....
b) Native American doll - bought at a fair at the church where we married. They were selling for £5 a piece, I loved it straight away and felt a little too old to buy it but didn't care....JP hates it! It makes me think of the end of summer '09', ice cream and teddy bear parachutes.....
c) African doll - bought for me buy my sister in Kenya. I asked her to bring me back a relic and she didn't disappoint! I love the colours and the beading. It makes me think of Jenny.....
d) Wooden Camel - bought in Dubai while visiting my sisters Jenny and Susie. Was a hard time in my life (before I met JP) and Jenny flew me out to cheer me up. I found this camel at a bazaar - I didn't haggle!! It makes me think of getting better....
e) China Cheetah - bought in Wales last year. I was so at peace and utterly relaxed on this break! It was pouring with rain, we ran into a little gift store near Little Haven. I bought gifts for my nieces and nephew and found this little man for myself. It makes me think of Wales, the Atlantic and the rain......
f) Wooden Moon - bought for my grandma and grandpa for x-mas back in 1992. My grandma kept this on her bookcase until the day she died in 2004. When I went back to her flat afterwards I felt compelled to take it back, so I could keep a piece of her! It makes me think of my grandparents but especially my grandmother!
g) Victorian Cloth Cow - bought back in 1992 at a craft fair in Cape Cod. I fell in love with craft fairs from a very young age and this fair was spectacular! I remember finding this cow at a very kind ladies' stall and had to have it. I bought it with my holiday money. It makes me think of what it was like to be 12 and seeing America for the 1st time....
h) Troll Figurine - JP bought this for me in Volterra in Italy in 2008. Yes the very same Volterra of the Volturi (if you're a twilight fan). Little did I know then that this town would become famous for such a movie. For me I was just fascinated to see the churches and explore the town. I came across a fairytale shop, if you could call it that. JP lost me in there for about half an hour, I'm still a kid oh Lord! This makes me think of Volterra and a glorious week in Italy with my love........JP thinks it's really weird!
i) Toy Troll (circa 1991) I was obsessed with trolls as a child and collected up to 20 of them, which I think my mother still houses in France!! This was my second troll purchase and I loved loved loved it! I carried this troll everywhere. It still has the plait I knitted in it's hair 18 years ago and the fake boobies in it's clothes I inserted probably around 1993 whilst going through puberty! It makes me think of my childhood and the little world I used to escape to......
j) Forever Friends Teddy. I had a couple of these teddies but this is the only one I still have. I look at it and think how it hasn't changed at all and yet I have so much. It makes me think of the passage of time......
k) Special Edition Print of Alice and the Cheshire Cat! Alice in Wonderland was my favourite book as a child and I have been slightly obsessed with images of it ever since! I bought this print in 2003 whilst working at a gallery with one of my bridesmaids Kathryn. I bought this as a memento of my time there before leaving to start my masters degree. It makes me think of Alice and 2003......
l) Mackay Teddy. Paige bought this for me as a Hen gift! It marks the end of my Scottish name and the start of my English one. I named it after my dad 'Hamish'! It makes me smile mostly and think of Scotland lol!
m) Pinocchio. I bought this in one of my favourite towns in Italy, San Gimignano! I think he is quite beautiful if a bit tacky. It makes think of turrets, coffee on the piazza and over priced pizza......
n) Mummy Mackay & Lulu in frame! This was given to me by my mother when I was last in France. It is my favourite photo of us together from when I was a baby. It makes me think of beginnings, the 80s and being a daughter......











Ah yes trolls, I had quite a few of them too. That camel is similar to the one you got me, which is the centre piece on my shelf :)I had a tiny forever friend teddy & now have a real life tiny forever friend...miss Lucy that is xxx
ReplyDeleteHaha, I can fit in your pocket too lol! xx
ReplyDelete