Friday, 4 June 2010
A study in still life......
I have some gorgeous tulips Carole gave me last weekend and was just about to leave the house for work when I thought no, I must capture them before they wilt away! I'm awful at throwing flowers out - it makes me too sad! Normally I let them sit there until they're all dried up and slightly crusty! I quite like that though as you will see with some roses I kept from Joe our neighbour! I want to keep these dried up beauties just the way they are - they're quite beautiful and macabre at the same time!







Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











Those tulips are beautiful!! The shade of pink is perfect. Great job, Lucy!
ReplyDeleteThis is the Lucy cross over between photography and art (in painting form that is). The over exposed effect here really creates beautiful shots, it emphasises the delicacy of the tulips. The roses have a vintage appeal with the different angles of light. Nice work honey :)xxx
ReplyDeleteAwwh thank you ladies! Yes indeed Greerest -Lulu's essential 'vintage effect' :-)
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful...you are SO good!!!! Wow...
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend dear :-)
Awww.. I love how the flowers wilt down the blog. They are so very pretty. Love the blog! Following you now, maybe follow me too :)
ReplyDeleteinbugsdrawers.blogspot.com
Thank you so much sweetie, you bet following you too, you have such a sweet blog, love it!
ReplyDeleteI am really delighted that the tulips we bought have proved to be such an inspiration! How lovely to see them looking so beautiful, a reminder of a lovely weekend! I feel exactly the same as you - I find it really difficult to throw flowers away it seems to be wrong somehow!I also have dried roses in the kitchen that have fond memories - I really can't bear to throw them out. I love your blog and you! Carole xx
ReplyDeleteAwwwh I love you too Carole, thank you for your lovely words! xx
ReplyDeleteThank you sweet Cristina, have a lovely weekend too! xx