Friday, 23 July 2010

'divine decadence darling'.......

This weekend I'm having a party night to celebrate my 30th with friends (as I was away on my actual birthday). I'm very excited as my husband and best friend have been arranging a nice meal and maybe some dancing for after....oh yes I gonna rock that dancefloor baby! So in the spirit of the occasion (and mainly because my roots are obscene) I'm getting my hair done tomorrow to restore me to my blonde best and to maybe have the chop too! Now I know what you're thinking, you're hair is pretty short already Lulu - and it is, but maybe after one more inch or so I'll be happy! See reference point of photo below = Lulu last year with short bob, this is roughly what I'm aiming for - plus in the spirit of the amazing Liza Minnelli's Sally Bowles I may just throw the boat out and paint my newly grown nails some crazy colour and who knows maybe find some fabulous lashes and capture the spirit of Twiggy, what do you think??? Photos to follow, as always! My oh my, my life is full of candy and fluff, honestly I am a deep person it's just I love the superficial things in life too - don't you?! xx



14 comments:

  1. thank you :-) you have a seriously cool blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celebrate away my dear!! I had simple plans for my 30th last month... However I am off to toast it with honors in Las Vegas with my dearest girlies next week... Should be quite the event!! Have a great time!!! Miss you!

    Steph
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sweets - what better way to celebrate your 30th than in Las Vegas, wish I could come too (sad face)!!! Miss you too, wish you were closer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the bob looks great! Have fun and happy 30th! :)

    http://jammer10am.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog! your bob looks cute, so treat yourself! Abi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you so much Jammer, will definitely have photos to share after :-)

    It's a pleasure Abi, your blog is adorable and your photos to match! Viva le bob!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! Have a lovely, slightly superficial weekend ;) Pretty blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I fully support twiggy lashes for every occasion! I actually met my new friend Danielle because I saw that she was wearing fake lashes at a bar on a random Friday night. No crazy make up or outfit, just a tshirt and skirt rocking faux lashes. Best friends immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  9. loovee the colours of your blog! (: twiggy-esque!

    xx rena.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your blog is so sweet! and i love the bob on you! :)

    Love,
    vintage-birdy.blogspot.com
    {no, it's not about birds}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I rocked the fake lashes Robyn and loved them, think they'll definitely make a resurgence! Pics to follow xx

    Thank you so much Rena - my hair is definitely twiggy-esque after I had it chopped yay :-) xx

    Awwh vintage birdy thank you sweetie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. how FUN!! happy birthday :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're really right: I think being superficial isn't a disadvantage. For a several time I thought i should stop it, but i love beautiful things since my childhood^^ I'm content with this quality of me and as long as i don't forget to miss intrinsic values and intentions i will continue with enthusiasm:)It makes fun and it's me!
    Yes, your look is very similar to twiggy's:)

    ReplyDelete