Monday, 5 July 2010

This is who I am - Creativity Workshop

The wonderful and beautiful Cristina from 'Divas & Dreams' photography blog has started a very fine workshop where we photograph three objects that tell you something about ourselves! I knew immediately that I wanted to get involved with this, however it has been a tough one for me as I have so much stuff that says multitudes about me, but I have tried my best to whittle down to a few that you might find interesting. Friends of mine will notice some items in the background which say a lot too but haven't been shortlisted!!!





My wedding shoes by Jenny Packham. I love these because they represent all that is beautiful about vintage bling (I love bling) and more importantly because they transported me down the aisle towards my husband!!! I want to wear them again but can't quite bring myself to??

Audrey Hepburn. A very kind friend of mine said I have eyes like hers, I of course don't believe her but it did make me squeal with excitement (inwardly)!!! I love everything about this woman, her beauty, the love she had for others, her compassion, her humility and of course her incredible sense of style. She could make simple three-quarter trousers and a jersey top so feminine and individual, she also made short hair very retro darlings! I loved that scene in 'Roman Holiday where she impulsively decides to get her hair cut, there was such an element of freedom in it! She was a true lady and someone I aspire to in everyday life (obviously not the Hollywood film star part - I'm long past that now but maybe we're all stars in our own movie, what do you think Cristina??? :-)

My photo of my grandparents on their wedding day! I love this photo because it represents a moment in time that for some reason transports me back to those precious moments I had with them! Although very clearly I wasn't around then, I feel somehow when I look at this photo, they are with me and I remember the times I had with them. Like with my granddad - there was'Tickle time' every day at 3pm in the summer holidays, he would spend hours tracing circles round my face with his fingertips till I fell asleep....and he used to call me his little princess (I'm sure he said this to my other sisters, but it still made me feel special). And my grandmother, I remember the smell of her nivea night cream while she lathered it onto her baby smooth face, the hours and hours I used to sit listening to her stories about her life in India and the microwaveable 'duck a l'orange' she used to prepare for me after granddad had passed away and she was too frail to cook, it tasted amazing!!! It reminds me how much I miss them, love them and that they are a part of me - always...

xx

15 comments:

  1. Oh Lulu dear...I´m so impressed with your project...gosh I love the memories of your grandparents...beautiful writing!!!

    I adore Audrey Hepburn too and I see that she is in you :-)

    Thanks you so much for sharing and doing this workshop!!!

    Hugs/ C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cristina, so glad you like what I wrote!!! You are too kind! You are a real inspiration, I love your creative ideas!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful wedding shoes! Wish I'd worn something a bit more like that on my wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwh thank you....I'm sure your shoes were beautiful though, all wedding shoes are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a little teary eyed reading about your grandparents, what sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwh really? That is so sweet, thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Audrey Hepburn! Roman Holiday is definitely one of my favorites. And your wedding shoes are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your photo! all the things you choose to represent you are very cool :) Oh my...i adore Audrey Hepburn. Can't get enough of her movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Audrey too! So classy! Simply a great style icon...
    And I like also your wedding shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your wedding shoes are absolutely gorgeous! Great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much girls, I'm so glad you have visited my blog!!! Let's hope I get another chance to wear the shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely photos!!

    xoxo
    mycherrygum.com

    ReplyDelete