Thursday, 15 July 2010

Jodie sweet Jodie!!!


Being a little bit 'self-indulgent' is something I have recently become more comfortable with....I think when you reach your thirties you realise that you don't have to make everyone happy or pretend to be something you're not. I would have never had the balls to do this before unless it was for some friends' creative assignment, but I feel now that I can stop for a second - take my life in and celebrate it! I am a big big fan of Jodie Chapman! I first discovered her wonderful photographic charm in 'Cosmoplitan Bride' where she was featured as the genius behind capturing a brides day so beautifully and succinctly! I love her soft, dreamy focus of the lens, the sense of spirit and movement she portrays in her images as well as their timeless quality! Jodie is also a big fan of vintage which could only make me love her more and this you will see in her photography too! I was too late by the time I found Jodie to use her for my wedding but after some facebook love I mentioned that maybe one day if I was a mummy then I would steal her away for a shoot! Jodie was very clever in suggesting maybe something for myself and since I knew the big 3 0 was rapidly approaching I thought, well heck why not a shoot celebrating 'me'!! But, seriously for a second, I know time is moving fast and who knows I may be too busy for this in a couple of years, so before the cracks of time start to appear I thought I should have a personal shoot to celebrate being 30 and fabulous (aka sex and the city style). So tomorrow I shall be trekking up to my old neighbourhood of Richmond-upon-Thames to meet the lovely Jodie and steal away some time for a moment! I will be sure to put up her images as soon as I have them, which I have no doubt will be fantastic! I shall also be attending a wedding on Saturday in Richmond Park which I cannot wait for, so expect some bridal love too sometime next week!

Bisous ladies...

15 comments:

  1. Great idea! Keep the memory of turning 30 alive! haha! M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I'm sure the photos will be just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for following! Your blog is gorgeous.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwh thank you so much Eleanor, it's a pleasure - your blog is just fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for that lovely comment and for becoming a follower! You are too cute yourself and I love your blog, great photographs. You can count me as a follower now too! Looking forward to your future posts

    Arielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. how wonderful, I'm so glad we're acquainted now! I really look forward to your posts too Arielle, especially to find what treasures you have unearthed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a BEAUTIFUL blog! Fabulous. Hope you enjoyed the shoot last week - I had a fab time and it was so good to finally meet up. Thanks for introducing me to The Tea Box too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you sweet Jodie, that really means a lot! I had such a fantastic time I tell you, I was very relaxed in your company and maybe waffled on a bit but that was because I found the whole experience very exciting! I can't wait to see the photos - I really hope we keep in touch! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. dunno her but she looks sweet.
    =)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a firm believer in the comment that age is just a number...all that matters is how one feels on the inside. And to be honest, I was not under the impression at all you were 30. You look so much younger!

    You blog is just darling, and I'm not exactly sure why it took me so long to pop by and look around. But now that I have, I'll be stopping back often for sure!

    -Weezy from http://beautysimplistic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Weezy, it's meeting people like you that make this whole blogging experience so much fun and worthwhile - thank you for your sweet words and do keep popping by as I will with yours!
    p.s thank you for not thinking I was 30, that makes me very happy :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete