Okay, this post might seem a little fractious - it's simply a melange of bits and bobs that caught my eye this weekend, there aren't as many photos as I would have liked simply because I stupidly forgot to charge my camera battery and was balancing on one pip for the whole duration. Like flowers, I apologize in advance, there are a lot of flowers, Carole's flowers in fact - I'm obsessed with them right now....can you tell? There are dogs, yes I can't help myself photographing them, it's all good practice heh?. There are cupcakes, yes Carole was such a darling and made JP and I cupcakes and fairy cakes for our arrival - we were spoilt fact! More than anything else there are snapshots of in and around Greenway - the holiday home that Agatha Christie kept during the latter part of her life. She left the house to her daughter and son-in-law who both died around 5 years ago I think, hence the house was only opened last year unveiling countless amounts of memorabilia, nick nacks, books upon books, photographs I mean just a multitude of objects left behind by Agatha and her family. They were famous for hoarding things you see and never threw anything away. Here's an interesting fact - Agatha bought the house in 1938 for around £6000, however it took 5 million to restore it over the last few years incredible! This trip was a surprise by Carole, we were simply instructed that morning to be ready by a quarter to 2 where we then proceeded (in a brisk walk) towards a bus stop - bizarre I thought... Then out of nowhere a fantastic 1940's coach arrived to take us to Greenway - fabulous. Here are just a few snapshots of my weekend darlings! p.s you might find a photo of me with a sketch of Greenway, I was killing time while waiting for the bus - think I can give the kiddies are run for their money huh, I didn't win the colouring competition in 1986 at Pizza Hut for nothing!!! lol xx



















































Beautiful images - love the processing.
ReplyDeleteLovely photos. I spent a lot of time in Devon in my childhood and remember lots of boat trips up the River Dart and seeing Agatha Christie's house.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, all these beautiful pics! I don't even know where to begin!
ReplyDeletethank you Ashley, am taking the time to explore photoshop a bit more at the moment. x
ReplyDeletethank you also PhotoPuddle, I've realized I don't know your name, what's your name? Isn't it beautiful there, I would love to explore the river Dart more x
awwh thank you Krysten, glad you like them! x
Wow! These are amazing! I LOVE the colors! You have a great eye for capturing moments in time! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, I didn't know Agatha Christie's house was open to the public! This is my next holiday for sure.
ReplyDeleteLovely pics too by the way
these photographs are so pretty! I can barely stop mine from coming out blurry! The vintage bus is so cool.
ReplyDeleteJenna
http://ukfashiontrends.blogspot.com
Amazing processing dear...you are awesome!!!
ReplyDeletethank you so so much Allie, Penny, Jenna and Cristina sweeties , am starting to experiment more and more so really glad you like the outcome! xx
ReplyDeleteYou take great photos! Looks like a really fun time. And you are so cute, love your hair style. Adorable!
ReplyDeleteI love the way you take pictures-- is that a strange way to phrase it? Everyone has their own style when snapping away, and I love the way you capture your surroundings. And PS: You are gorgeous. :)
ReplyDeleteHello fellow Lulu, thank you hon - recently had it chopped xx
ReplyDeleteAmber Rose you are a darling, thank you really - to think that you have picked up on my style really means a lot as I am still fairly new to this and finding my way. I'd like to think a certain style is developing! Plus you are too kind considering you are one gorgeous lady yourself! xx
I need your camera to continue living. FACT!
ReplyDeleteYour shorts are very chic. Never thought of wearing them with leggins, guess I live in Spain now where one melts every time one leaves AC paradise.
Also...today I am going to tell you my actual name! Feel privileged!
Alba
Thanks for your comment.
ReplyDeleteLovely pictures.
Alba, what a beautiful name!! Makes me think of 'The Time Traveller's Wife'! Awwh I do love my camera, still paying it off though! Ooh thank you the shorts are a la Topshop, I wear them with leggings when I'm not sure of the weather but in Spain forget it sweetie! xx
ReplyDeleteT'is a pleasure Helen, thank you! xx
lovely! the ones with the bus are fantastic! xoxo
ReplyDeleteSounds like a really fun triP! I love Agatha Christie, I've read a ton of her mysteries!!
ReplyDeletexoxo, Ashley
Thank you yours truly my dear, I had fun with those! xx
ReplyDeleteIt was so much fun Ashley, so fascinating peeping into her world! xx
beautiful photos, the interior of that bus is lovely, as are the beachhouses! also lovee the photo processing - great colours!
ReplyDeletethank you Kani xx
ReplyDeleteas a girl who is madly in love with flowers, it's been quite sometime since i've gasped at flower photography....i love these photos, they're absolutely stunning! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI love flowers too: so you are forgiven for photographing them lots! ;) Ahha. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your comment! Just been having a browse and I just adore your blog, so so cute! You have an avid new follower. I'll be sure to add you to my blog list too. Like you, I'm not long back from holiday, Devon was just lovely! Back to reality now though.... sifting through the thousands and thousands of snaps. Some serious Photoshop work ahead of me, not a prospect I'm relishing!
ReplyDeleteHave a nice weekend....x
Thanks for your comments. :) Love all of these photos! Looks like you had a fun trip.
ReplyDeleteI love that you call your hubby JP too! :)
Beautiful photos I must say! I just stumbled across your blog, so lovely!
ReplyDelete~Lauren
''Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.''
ReplyDeletei wish i could find new awesome words to compliment the photographs in this post
but silly me , the only word i could think of now is = BEAUTIFUL
Kerrie Elaine, I'm so glad you like my flower shots sweetie - I have really tried to take more risks recently and like the outcome! xx
ReplyDeleteThank you for saying all is forgiven Nicola, I'm never sure if people will be interested in my flower photography but the response has been great! xx
Thank you lovely Ashley! xx
Awwh thank you sweet Laura, so glad I found your blog! So lovely you've been to Devon too, I look forward to seeing your photos! Have a wonderful weekend sweetie! xx
Lauren so happy you just stumbled upon my blog, I hope you come back! xx
Ahh to the lovely lady 'with the Kaleidoscope Eyes' that is such a beautiful quote from Camille Pissarro - thank you so much. I really hope you do see that in my photography, really means a lot! xx
oohhh il est géniale ce bus
ReplyDeletejadore je lai bien contemplé^^
du coup forcement les photos y sont trés belles
jaimerai bien avoir vu le même
awwh merci beaucoup Solene pour t'es mots gentils! T'es choux! x
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting and liking my blog!
ReplyDeleteYours is soooo delightful with all these warm colours. And beautiful pictures!
Stop by on my blog any time! I'll sure do the same!
Lots of love,
Sarah.
Is a pleasure sweet Sarah, your blog is a little bit of sunshine! Lets keep in touch!! Love Lulu xx
ReplyDelete