1) First up is a photo of my mother and father with their first baby, my eldest sister Susie! I love this photo, despite the fact I'm not the baby, because it shows the dawning of their life together 'as parents' and that new found excitement, fear and anticipation for the future. I also love the way they look, aren't they just divine? They were old hats at this parenting lark when I came along......I'm baby no 5 by the way!

2) Second up is an old and rather lacking in colour photograph of myself at the tender age of 2 perhaps. This was before my eyes went all wonky and I was subjected to eye patches eek! Yes this was a very special moment in time, and I look at this photo fondly! I think my mother dressed me well and that I was kinda cute. I see the beginnings to all new beginnings - I need to get this photo restored though!

3) Third up is another photo of me yawnnnn! No really the reason I included this is because this photo arrived in the post only recently with a thank you card! In it Anna (the bride) had included some snaps her wedding photographer had taken on the day. All of his photos were taken on a film camera (a rarity these days) and I just loved the soft grainy feel to it and how different it also felt as a print - not only do I love the composition of this photo but it makes me want to learn how to use a camera with film, I think there is a lot to be said for the old methods of photography!

4) Fourth up is another shot taken by a wedding photographer, this one is of me and my husband at our friend Susie's wedding. We were completely unaware the photo was being taken, and love it all the more because of that! We are scarily aligned in our body language which makes me smile. We did not hesitate to have this printed and framed and now it sits in pride of place in our bedroom. Don't you just love black and white, I do!!!

5) Finally I include a very special framed collection of my siblings and I all around the age of 12 months to two years! I love this more than you can imagine. Each one used to sit individually in it's own frame in my parent's house, but one x-mas they surprised us by having them all copied and mounted in a frame for each and everyone of us - a symbol of the Mackay clan to last eternally in our homes! Here's a question, can you guess which one is me?????

p.s here's one for all times sake - my husband getting some love from the two ladies in his life, Lulu and his mummy, ahhhh!

xx











Wow, the vintage photos are great:)
ReplyDeletethanks Kaya! x
ReplyDeleteGreat picys!
ReplyDeleteHey thanks for stopping by my blog, this is the first time I have participated in the Divas thing. I love the photo of you and your husband, you are so in tune it's a really intense moment captured. Might be a great one to reflect on when your not feeling so on the same page. I also really love the last one, your darling husband looks so happy, nothing wrong with that ;) Happy belated birthday !
ReplyDeletethose are the cutest! And the last picture (with your hubby getting the kisses) is adorable!
ReplyDeleteI love the framed shot of your and your siblings when you were small. Such a fantastic gift. I have realised doing this assignment that I need to print more photos! It's going to be my goal for the week.
ReplyDeleteahh thank you sweet staci, very true words! x
ReplyDeleteThank you Zaira, he did indeed enjoy a good smooch! x
You're so right Clare, we really need to print up more and have some tangible proof of these photographs, our walls should never be left empty! x
What a lovely entry I really liked it a lot. Glad you hooked up with my blog and look forward to getting to know you.
ReplyDeleteThank you, I look forward to getting to know you too x
ReplyDeleteLovely!
ReplyDeleteI love all your photos, these feamed and not, beautiful.
ReplyDeletethank you ladies! xx
ReplyDeleteLol...they are all georgeus..the last one of your man just made me smile.... it looks like he is in heaven...lol.. and well I guess he is!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing Lulu :-)
t'is a pleasure lovely Cristina! xx
ReplyDeleteI love all of these pictures! :P
ReplyDeleteI love old photos! Very cute post!
ReplyDelete