For this
'Much Love Monday' I would like to proclaim how much I LOVE Louise Brooks. I have been so fascinated by her recently and during my sickly weekend spent most of my time watching documentaries about her extraordinary life! She is to me the ultimate sex siren of the silver screen and the purest, original beauty to ever grace cinema. It startles me almost that while I watch her in movie stills I see someone far more real and relatable than I ever could in a Scarlet O'Hara or any other leading lady in the consequential talkie films. She is fearless, spirited, reckless and real in some way - she makes mistakes. Cinema was pure, unbridled and exciting when Louise Brooks emerged and she made it all the more fascinating for being a part of it! So to the truly original flapper girl, Louise Brooks I salute you darling!



These stills are wonderful - she appears so enigmatic yet accessible at the same time.
ReplyDeleteShe was beautiful and those shots show that well.
ReplyDeleteYou're so right Elizabeth - she was very accessible. Although much mystery surrounds her there is still the sense that she is human, with all the frailties, pride and sexual desire that that holds!
ReplyDeleteWasn't she a beauty indeed, no one has ever carried the bob so well!
GOSH, sigh....
ReplyDeleteSuch prettiness and beauty!
Glamourous. She looks like a Lladró figurine...classy and strong.
ReplyDeleteShe is gorgeous and so stylish and chic...and of course, her hair speaks for itself.
ReplyDeleteI have always been a fan of Louise Brooks - her style, her uniqueness...
ReplyDeleteloving the love for Lady Louise! xx
ReplyDeleteshe is very beautiful , i dont really know who she was but after reading your post i wikipedia her lol thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteShe was an absolute dream!
ReplyDeletexx
MILK TEETHS
so glad I introduced you to her Jasmine! x
ReplyDeleteso, so glam. i wish i could pull that hair off, but that length makes my weak chin look weaker.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could wear a fringe - | guess we all want what we don't have!! Let's just make the best of what we've got! xx
ReplyDeleteI love her blant hair cut! she's lovely!
ReplyDeleteGlad to have found your blog! :)
ReplyDeletethank you sweet Fabiola! xx
ReplyDeleteI always loved Louise Brooks too! If nothing else, she rocked the hard-edged bob and rosebud mouth! What a combination...
ReplyDeleteyou're right she is the perfect combination of hard and soft - I think that's what makes her so beguiling!
ReplyDelete