Sunday, 15 August 2010

This is who I am - Food Simplicity

For this week's 'This is who I am' we are to celebrate our favourite food through photography and explain why we chose it. My favourite food of all time is a classic crumble - it can be apple, apricot, rhubarb any kind! If I was pushed however I would pick rhubarb every time! Crumbles make me feel warm, comforted and reassured especially on a rainy day or in winter - I don't know why, maybe it goes back to my childhood. They're incredibly simple to make, which is good for me and perfect with a big dollop of English custard - YUMMY!

10 comments:

  1. That sounds and looks so delicious! Have you got a recipe? I always love myself some English desserts - my grandma's British from origin and she makes the absolute best cakes, puddings and such!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Kim, here's a link to a good website for homely British cooking. The link will take you to an apple crumble recipe, if you want to use a different fruit then the same principle still applies. This is so easy to make and so delicious, some have it with ice cream but I don't think you can top custard! xx

    http://www.traditionalenglishpuddings.co.uk/a2applecrumble.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, crumble..... Apple crumble is my favourite. And it has to be served with custard. Mmmmm, crumble.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had that but that looks pretty good and I'd love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, I love crumbles! I'm having food envy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. top it up with vanilla ice cream , ahhhh drooling

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apple crumble is my favourite, especially when it's mixed with a healthy sprinkle of cinnomon. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you can't beat a bit of cinnamon on top! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crumble is yummy, good choice.

    ReplyDelete